Trademark Class 14 Heading with Explanatory Notes
Precious metals and their alloys;
jewellery, precious and semi-precious stones;
horological and chronometric instruments.
Class 14 includes mainly precious metals and certain goods made of precious metals or coated therewith, as well as jewellery, clocks and watches, and component parts therefor.
This Class includes, in particular:
- jewellery, including imitation jewellery, for example, paste jewellery;
- cuff links, tie pins, tie clips;
- key rings, key chains and charms therefor;
- jewellery charms;
- jewellery boxes;
- component parts for jewellery, clocks and watches, for example, clasps and beads for jewellery, movements for clocks and watches, clock hands, watch springs, watch crystals.
This Class does not include, in particular:
- smartwatches (Cl. 9);
- charms, other than for jewellery, key rings or key chains (Cl. 26);
- objects of art not made of precious metals or coated therewith that are classified according to the material of which they are made, for example, works of art of metal (Cl. 6), of stone, concrete or marble (Cl. 19), of wood, wax, plaster or plastic (Cl. 20), of porcelain, ceramic, earthenware, terra-cotta or glass (Cl. 21);
- certain goods made of precious metals or coated therewith that are classified according to their function or purpose, for example, metals in foil and powder form for use in painting, decorating, printing and art (Cl. 2), dental amalgams of gold (Cl. 5), cutlery (Cl. 8), electric contacts (Cl. 9), pen nibs of gold (Cl. 16), teapots (Cl. 21), gold and silver embroidery (Cl. 26), cigar boxes (Cl. 34).