Trademark Class 8 Heading with Explanatory Notes
Hand tools and implements, hand-operated;
side arms, except firearms;
Class 8 includes mainly hand-operated tools and implements for performing tasks, such as drilling, shaping, cutting and piercing.
This Class includes, in particular:
- hand-operated agricultural, gardening and landscaping tools;
- hand-operated tools for carpenters, artists and other craftspersons, for example, hammers, chisels and gravers;
- handles for hand-operated hand tools, such as knives and scythes;
- electric and non-electric hand implements for personal grooming and body art, for example, razors, implements for hair curling, tattooing, and for manicure and pedicure;
- hand-operated pumps;
- table cutlery, such as knives, forks and spoons, including those made of precious metals.
This Class does not include, in particular:
- machine tools and implements driven by a motor (Cl. 7);
- surgical cutlery (Cl. 10);
- pumps for bicycle tyres (Cl. 12), pumps specially adapted for use with balls for games (Cl. 28);
- side arms being firearms (Cl. 13);
- paper knives and paper shredders for office use (Cl. 16);
- handles for objects that are classified in various classes according to their function or purpose, for example, walking stick handles, umbrella handles (Cl. 18), broom handles (Cl. 21);
- serving utensils, for example, sugar tongs, ice tongs, pie servers and serving ladles, and kitchen utensils, for example, mixing spoons, pestles and mortars, nutcrackers and spatulas (Cl. 21);
- fencing weapons (Cl. 28).