Trademark Class 16 Heading with Explanatory Notes
Paper and cardboard;
stationery and office requisites, except furniture;
adhesives for stationery or household purposes;
drawing materials and materials for artists;
instructional and teaching materials;
plastic sheets, films and bags for wrapping and packaging;
printers’ type, printing blocks.
Class 16 includes mainly paper, cardboard and certain goods made of those materials, as well as office requisites.
This Class includes, in particular:
- paper knives and paper cutters;
- cases, covers and devices for holding or securing paper, for example, document files, money clips, holders for cheque books, paper-clips, passport holders, scrapbooks;
- certain office machines, for example, typewriters, duplicators, franking machines for office use, pencil sharpeners;
- painting articles for use by artists and interior and exterior painters, for example, artists’ watercolour saucers, painters’ easels and palettes, paint rollers and trays;
- certain disposable paper products, for example, bibs, handkerchiefs and table linen of paper;
- certain goods made of paper or cardboard not otherwise classified by function or purpose, for example, paper bags, envelopes and containers for packaging, statues, figurines and works of art of paper or cardboard, such as figurines of papier mâché, framed or unframed lithographs, paintings and watercolours.
This Class does not include, in particular:
- paints (Cl. 2);
- hand tools for artists, for example, spatulas, sculptors’ chisels (Cl. 8);
- teaching apparatus, for example, audiovisual teaching apparatus, resuscitation mannequins (Cl. 9), and toy models (Cl. 28);
- certain goods made of paper or cardboard that are classified according to their function or purpose, for example, photographic paper (Cl. 1), abrasive paper (Cl. 3), paper blinds (Cl. 20), table cups and plates of paper (Cl. 21), bed linen of paper (Cl. 24), paper clothing (Cl. 25), cigarette paper (Cl. 34).