Trademark Class 17 Heading with Explanatory Notes
Unprocessed and semi-processed rubber, gutta-percha, gum, asbestos, mica and substitutes for all these materials;
plastics and resins in extruded form for use in manufacture;
packing, stopping and insulating materials;
flexible pipes, tubes and hoses, not of metal.
Class 17 includes mainly electrical, thermal and acoustic insulating materials and plastics for use in manufacture in the form of sheets, blocks and rods, as well as certain goods made of rubber, gutta-percha, gum, asbestos, mica or substitutes therefor.
This Class includes, in particular:
- rubber material for recapping tyres;
- floating anti-pollution barriers;
- adhesive tapes, other than stationery and not for medical or household purposes;
- plastic films, other than for wrapping and packaging, for example, anti-dazzle films for windows;
- elastic threads and threads of rubber or plastic, not for textile use;
- certain goods made of the materials in this class not otherwise classified by function or purpose, for example, foam supports for flower arrangements, padding and stuffing materials of rubber or plastics, rubber stoppers, shock-absorbing buffers of rubber, rubber bags or envelopes for packaging.
This Class does not include, in particular:
- fire hose (Cl. 9);
- pipes being parts of sanitary installations (Cl. 11) and rigid pipes of metal (Cl. 6) and not of metal (Cl. 19);
- insulating glass for building (Cl. 19);
- certain goods made of the materials in this class that are classified according to their function or purpose, for example, gum resins (Cl. 2), rubber for dental purposes (Cl. 5), asbestos screens for firemen (Cl. 9), adhesive rubber patches for repairing inner tubes (Cl. 12), rubber erasers (Cl. 16).